Monday, May 08, 2006

Oh boy.

We're only under contract. We don't even have the house. But oh yes my friends, it's begun. This morning on the way to the el, here's a bit of my husband's ramblings:

"Man, I can't wait to rent a jackhammer and break apart that driveway... I mean, it's f*&king making me mad that it's there... I gotta figure out how to work it... It can't be that hard, right? Do you think I should just sledgehammer it instead?"

4 comments:

Jays said...

Reminds me of the time when Robert insisted that because it was his birthday, he was allowed to pull up a tile in the bathroom and see what was underneath.

We had hideous rotting floorboards exposed for months before we managed to do a remodel.

JLA said...

Ah boys. If I didn't need them to open jars I'd just be done with them. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hmm...to sledgehammer or jackhammer? I gotta say jackhammer. You're body will give out either way, but you'll get more done with the jackhammer. Plus, nothing says "quality addition to the neighborhood" more than a dude going apeshit with a jackhammer.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.