We knew we're going to run into surprises (both good and bad). We didn't expect our first surprise to be this good.
Mr. A met with a structural contractor earlier this week and got a hint that there just may be nice wood floors under our ((cough cough)) lovely ((cough cough)) blue and white kitchen tiles.
"Only one way to find out, right? Gotta take the risk!", he says to me with a smile on his face. Then he begins chipping away at the floor...
30 minutes later he says, "I'm not sure." I sigh. He says he's going to check from a different angle. I think he means from underneath or something. Oh no, he needs to chip away at the tiles from the other side of the room.
Both doorways are now hazard areas and he's still not totally sure, but he **really really** thinks we have good wood floors under there. My internal dialogue is going something like this: wow, its going to be such a giant pain in the ass to patch those ugly tiles -- maybe I can just leave sandals outside the kitchen and jump in them when I need to cook or get something. Ohhh, but wait, what about the cats?
How are we going to deal with this?
Hold on! Wait! Duh! Let's just, **open the door to the basement** and look down. There you go... There are perfectly good wood floors leading into the kitchen. Hahahaha
A few hours later... my man is a sweaty, tired mess, but take a look. Woooo!
What do you think? Maple or Red Oak? 
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Pleasant Surprise #1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, I clearly remember that discovery in our kitchen. In fact, Justin helped rip up our floors now that I think of it. That guy has hardwood good luck.
Post a Comment