Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Mi esposa tiene el dolor de estomago

It's true. Sadly, Mrs. Anderson has been felled by a touch of the "traveler's malady." So I'm sitting here by myself, munching on a chicken sandwich and uploading the most recent batch of pictures.

This morning I arose at the crack of dawn when the stores opened and ran down the beach into town to get some remedies for Wifey. Apparently, no one in Montezuma has any need for Pepto Bismol or Maalox. Or Tums. Or Rolaids. They sell Milk of Magnesia - but isn't that used to induce vomiting? No, quite the opposite of what we're looking for, I'm afraid.

So I read the labels on all the little boxes and tried to find the Costa Rican equivalents of familiar medicines. "Panadol" in lieu of Tylenol. "Andrews" rather than Alka-Seltzer. Something else with the word "estomago" on the label. And finally, a big box of Soda crackers and a bottle of Gatorade.

A few hours later, Mrs. A seems better. I'm sure she'll be back on her feet in no time.

No comments: