Friday, January 06, 2006

No wonder my butt looks bigger.

Chicago can now claim another grand title: The fattest city in America.

Men's Fitness Magazine claims the two big issues are Chicagoans love of television and lack of exercise. Clearly no one from that publication has ever actually tried to take a hearty jog around a Chicago park when it's -17 degrees out with lake effect snow and a serious windchill.

Also, the magazine loses a lot of credibility with me because they've got LA ranked #3. That's total crap. We all know that Los Angeles is the city that invented a woman's "size 0". (Which is also bs, btw. How can zero be a size? And who on earth *really* wears it?)

I wonder how they judged this whole thing. I've lived in LA -- I *know* those people are fit. I now live in Chicago, and OK, we're not skinny minnys but we're just fine, thank you.

Did they send anyone to Arkansas? I've been to Arkansas. And as my lovely friend Karl once said, it's where they invented XXXL.

No comments: