Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Paint Stripping: The Last Mile

You know how marathon runners talk of the last push to get to the finish line? (I say this like I actually talk to marathoners, which I don't. I'm waaaay too out of shape to hang with them. And I can't imagine running 26 miles. I can imagine eating 26 cookies though. And that, my friends, is a problem for another post.)

Anyway, what was I saying? So you know how they have to dig deep and just pull the energy out of their last reserves? That's where Mr. A and I are right now with the house. We're digging deep into the last reserves.

Moving out of the house to get the paint stripping done was really stressful. Mr. A had a crazy week at work, and the project I've been working on for my job for TWO YEARS finally launched in whirlwind of chaos. We also were dealing with some other stuff that I won't go into here, because believe it or not I do keep some things private. And all the while Audrey was teething and clingy. We didn't have to much wiggle room on scheduling though, so we reached our necks out and stretched for the finish line.

So worth it.

Take a look at the BEFORE:



And now the AFTER:



I want to give a special mention to the wonderful guys who did this work for us. I rarely plug anyone on this site (because you know, its all about ME, ME, ME) but Darrell and his brothers did a really fantastic job. They showed up on time, completed the project on budget, and were communicative and considerate. Their bid was significantly lower than others we got, yet the work was (as you can see) wonderful. They don't write up an elaborate contract or do fancy marketing. They just know their stuff. Which is why I feel compelled to market for them. Chicago Paint Stripping. 312-399-7813. Say Hi from the Andersons.

Ahead: New fence, staining, painting, and decorating!

Almost. There. Almost!!!

2 comments:

StacyJill said...

Wow! That looks absolutely gorgeous! So great to see you last weekend! :)

Beth said...

It looks amazing. I'm so glad you guys hired someone to do it for you. Beautiful!