Construction on the upstairs bedrooms is finally finished! To celebrate, I thought I'd share the photos below.
Years ago, my parents added an entire second story to our childhood home in LA. To this day, I remember how excited I was at the prospect of getting my own room (which is I'm sure what was going through my mind when my dad snapped this shot).As excited as I look in this picture, I can assure you it is only now that I appreciate what an enormous ordeal that project must have been for my parents. Because here I am over 25 years later -- just as thrilled with progress on my own dream home, but in my head is "Holy crap. Yes it's great, but oy, we're going to be paying for it until we're 80, aren't we?"

Sunday, June 01, 2008
Thanks again, Mom and Dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment