Q: Is Mr. Anderson the father?
A: How dare you, yes.
Q: When are you due?
A: Dec. 2
Q: How are you feeling?
A: Apart from the back thing, the fact that I can't sleep (hence me up at 4 am now), the fact that most food repulses me, and and the morning sickness, I'm OK. It definitely hasn't been a glorious Angelina Jolie pregnancy, though.
Q: Any nicknames?
A: The Gote, Triscuit, Wyatt, Wyetta, Wynotta, WhyIOtta, (Thanks to my father-in-law, anything that can be derived from "Wyatt".)
Q: Are you going to name it Wyatt?
A: No
Q: Then why are you calling it Wyatt?
A: Only 5 minutes after finding out we are going to have a baby, my FIL declared we should name it Wyatt. That inevitably set off a traditional Anderson naming game - which means it's going to be called Wyatt for a little while, then Wyatt begins to turn into every nickname the family can think of for Wyatt. It's hard to explain, but truly hilarious.
Q: Are you craving anything?
A: Bourbon. Specifically, Maker's Mark.
Q: Hahah. That's funny. Seriously, what are you craving?
A: Seriously, Bourbon. It smells like heaven.
Q: You're not drinking Bourbon are you?
A: Ummmm. Of course not. Noooo.
Q: Are you showing?
A: That depends. I think I just look like I had a burrito for lunch, but the other day while I was looking at a summer dress, a 19 year-old Nordstrom saleswoman called me out with "I have a couple of pregnant ladies who also have bought that dress. It works well for maternity!" DOH!
Q: Do they know at work?
A: Well, the Nordstrom girl freaked me out. So I'm telling everyone this week.
Q: Wait -- are you still flying to Denver?
A: Yes.
Q: What? How?
A: Very carefully.
Q: That must suck.
A: Was that a question?
Q: You're not going to keep doing that, are you?*
A: I'm modifying my schedule slowly. Over the next few months, I'll be working more and more from home. By October 1, I'll be working from home entirely.
Q: Are you going to find out if its a girl or a boy?
A: Nope. We're going to be surprised.
Q: How does your mother like that?
A: She thinks we're crazy, and has just decided to assume it's a girl. If it ends up being a boy, it will have to be cool enough to wear pink.
* Actually, this question has only been asked (in horror) by my mom.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Frequently Asked Pregnancy Questions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
1st: This is the best blog you've ever written.
2nd: Um, hello?? Did you forget my nickname for it is "Burrito"?
3rd: This baby is related to me so of course it will be cool enough to wear pink.
Wyatina, Wyisayisayisay, Wyforpetesake..........I think I've been married to this guy for too long!
Post a Comment