So not long ago I started the wretched evil process known as post-partum dieting. I cut out carbs, reduced wine consumption, and actually started working out. Blech. Hate it. But not as much as I hate hate hate being GINORMOUS. So there you go.
With that sort of positive outlook and energy you can imagine the sigh I let out when I hit the scale this morning and found that I have finally reached my pre-pregnancy *all time high* weight. Yeah. That. I’m now back to my pre-pregnancy range, which (I am trying to tell myself), is good. Unfortunately though it’s a number that represents the FATTEST I ever was before having a baby. A number that says I still have a way to go. A number that still sucks.
I remember passing that number (on the way up) when I was at the doctor’s last year. I had a flash of panic that went something like: “Whoa whoa! Red alert people! We are in a whole new territory here. We are experiencing numbers never seen before in LaPlante fat-ass history”, but then I remembered I was pregnant and promptly got myself a big ol’ chocolate chip muffin at the coffee shop downstairs.
Damn muffin. Now I’m paying.
Audrey recently hit a weight and height milestone as well. She’s outgrown most of her 3-6 month clothes. Putting away her little newborn and 3 month outfits made me so wistful. I already miss how snoozy and cuddly she was. I stood in front of her closet thinking, “I wonder what I can do to freeze her at this size.” Hmmm.
Then it occurred to me that I needed to save the outfits for… get this… the next baby.
Can I just skip the losing weight thing and jump right to the muffins again? Not a good reason to get pregnant, right?
Friday, June 19, 2009
Milestones
Posted by
JLA
at
8:09 AM
Labels: Motherhood, Preggers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats! That IS a good thing! The old saying is 9 months up, 9 months down...and I've found that to be mostly true (though really, for me it was more like 9 months up, 9 months in the ballpark, 12 months down. That may just be because I'm old though...;)
Why do you think I got pregnant again? Muffins are tasty.
Post a Comment